The disease-specific Poliwogg Indexes ("Index" or the "Indexes") are monthly calculations of the annual U.S. per patient average cost of a disease or condition, i.e., a "spot price" or a "Unit of Care".
- Designed to underlie financial instruments like swaps, forward and futures contracts, options, exchange traded funds, and other structured products
- Indexes are created using unique and comprehensive paid claims data
- Each Index will be published by an independent calculation agent
- The Type 2 Diabetes Index is the first of a series with additional releases throughout 2017
The Poliwogg Indexes may be licensed to create financial products for both healthcare industry participants and financial institutions. Banks, mutual funds and asset managers could create both general and custom financial products.
Large Natural Constituencies on Both Sides of the Market Exist:
- Insurance Companies
- Self-insured corporations
- Pension Funds
- Physicians and Medical Professionals
- Device Manufactures
- Labs and other service providers
Health Care Cost Spiral and Potential Market-Based Solutions
by Kenneth Grant, Poliwogg Director of New Product Development
As is widely known, the management of Health Care costs – both in the United States and around the world – is among the single biggest challenges facing both the domestic and global capital economy. An enormous body of statistics support this assertion, and, as a point of introductory contextualization, consider the following graphics…Download Now